University Profile

Selangor International Islamic University College (KUIS) was established in 1995 as a private college and wholly-owned subsidiary of Selangor Islamic Religious Council (MAIS) aimed at providing educational opportunities that emphasize on the integration of knowledge.

Prior to its permanent campus, KUIS began its operation at its temporary building of Tengku Ampuan Jemaah Secondary Religious School (SAMTAJ) in Shah Alam, Selangor. In the year 2000, KUIS moved to this new campus built on a 104 acre site strategically located at Bandar Seri Putra, Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia, 25 km south of Kuala Lumpur and 20 km north from the KL International Airport at Sepang.

The campus was officially opened by Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah Alhaj, the Sultan of Selangor Darul Ehsan on the 25th of May 2002. That moment declared the aspirations and commitment of KUIS to become a world-class institution and the leader in Islamic private education in Malaysia.

Since its inception, KUIS has witnessed an exponential growth of student’s population from 60 students in 1995 to an enrolment of more than 5,000 students thus far including 180 international students from ASEAN and African countries as well as China. To date, KUIS has produced 5,064 graduates.

KUIS currently offers masters, bachelor’s degree, Diploma and Foundation programmes ranging from Business Studies, Accountancy, Islamic Banking, Human Resource Management, Information and Technology, Multimedia, Networking, Communications, Nursing, Islamic Studies, Language and Education.

source :


Student Pass

Attention: open in a new window.PDFPrintE-mail

Last Updated (Tuesday, 24 November 2009 03:48)

  • Any foreigner who wishes to study in Malaysia is required to obtain Student Pass.
  • Foreign students are allowed to study in Public or Private Educational Institutions whose courses have been approved by the Ministry of Higher Education and the intake of foreign student has the approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs.
  • For foreign student who has been offered in the Public Institute of Higher Learning is required to apply through the institute itself.
  • For new student in Private Institute of Higher Learning, an application should be made through the official website (E-Student Pass System) of the institute which is registered.
  • Application for transfer to another Private Institute of Higher Learning should be made through E-Student Pass System.
  • Application for extension of passes should be made through the respective Immigration Office.
  • How to Apply

    Application has to be made through the respective Educational Institution prior entry

    Requirements and Procedures:

  • Offer letter from Educational Institution.
  • Nationals from The People's Republic of China and Commonwealth Independent States who wish to study in Public Educational Institutions are required to obtain prior consent from the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education Malaysia.
  • Nationals from the People's Republic of China are required to obtain Entry Visa prior to entry.
  • Completed Form IMM. 14 in duplicate.
  • Two (2) copies of Passport/ Travel Document.
  • Two (2) passport sized photographs.
  • Except for nationals from The People's Republic of China, other nationals who have obtained approval to study through the respective Educational Institution are allowed direct entry into Malaysia.
  • Students have to show their approval letters upon arrival. Special Pass will be issued to refer them to the respective State Immigration Department for issuance of Student Pass.
  • Educational institution's representative is required to receive and attend to the student on arrival
  • Other Information

  • Only immediate families of students who are pursuing Post-Graduate courses will be considered Social Visit Pass according to the validity of the respective Student Pass
  • Higher Educational Institution is required to sign Personal Bond prescribed under Regulation 18, Immigration Regulations 1963 as a guarantee that the person to whom such pass is issued will comply with the provisions of the Ordinance and of any regulations made there under. No fees charged for the Personal Bond.
  • Procedures to Take Up Employment for Foreign Student

  • Foreign student can be employed to work at :
  • Ø Restaurants

    Ø Petrol Station

    Ø Mini market

    Ø Hotels

  • Application to be submitted by the institution's representative together with the student to Immigration Headquarters for Private Institute of Higher Learning. Application from student of Public Institute of Higher Learning can be submitted to the state Immigration offices.
  • Supporting letter from the institution (Public/Private Institute of Higher Learning) allowing the student to take up employment, and stating the semester holidays.
  • Permission to work will be endorsed in student's passport.
  • The institution (Public/Private) will have to furnish the name list of students that are working and student's performance report to Immigration Department every 3 months.
  • Student is permitted to work on a temporary basis obly with 20 hours working period per week.
  • Emplyoment as cashier is not allowed.
  • Permission to work will be renewed/extended if good/high academic performance of the student is maintained.
  • Additional Info

  • Client Charter
  • 7 working days

  • Private Institute of Higher LEraning Sector
  • New application through website (e-student Pass) and transfer of institution to be submitted to Immigration Headquarters, Putrajaya.Application for extension of Student Pass can be submitted to State Immigration office.

    Application for extension of StudentPass an besubmitted to Satte Immigration office

  • Public Institute of Higher Learning
  • Application can be submitted at the State Immigration office

    New application for students from India, Bangladesh and Pakistan aged 25 years old and above,should be submitted to State Immigration office.

  • Government/Private National School Sector
  • Application can be submitted at State Immigration Office except for China national.

    New application to be submitted to Immigration Headquarters, Putrajaya whereas application for extension can be submitted to State Immigration office.

  • Student Pass Application for Holder of Dependent Pass (Expatriate's Child)
  • Application can be submitted to Immigration Headquarters, Putrajaya or any State Immigration office.

    An endorsement, giving the permission to study will be given on the application's passport.

    Expatriate's wife holding a Dependent Pass is restricted to work in all sector or to study at any local Institute of Higher Leraning, unless the pass is curtailed,and she is required to apply for a new pass to work or to study.

  • Issuance ofI-Kad for Foreign Student
  • Effective May 2007, allforeign students are issued with I-kad as an identification.

    Foreign student have to appear in person at Immigration Headquarters,Putarajaya or State Immigration office nearest to them for registration and biometric verification.

    Students have to bring along passportsize photograph with white background and passport their passport.

    I-kad will only be issued once Students Pass stiker is given.

  • Application for Visit Pass(Social) of Wife/Child/Mother/Father for holder Student Pass.
  • - IMM.38 Form (if needed)

    - Photocopy of passport of Student Pass holder

    - Photocopy of application's passport

    - Letter from the istitute (Public/Private Institute of Higher Learning/School)

    - Proof of relationship

    Monday, October 11, 2010


    International Students Intake for KUIS

    11 August 2010

    International Student Intake

    Please refer to above matter
    The Management of KUIS has decided that starting with session II 2010/2011, the intake of International students will only involve students from Southeast Asia.

    Below is a list of the countries of southeast Asia :-

    1. Malaysia
    2. Thailand
    3. Laos
    4. Cambodia
    5. Vietnam
    6. Philippines
    7. Brunei Darussalam
    8. Indonesia
    9. Singapore
    10. East Timor
    11. Myanmar

    Sunday, December 13, 2009


    Visa and Student Pass

    a. Visa Application

    1. Upon confirmation of application, students are reminded to confirm whether they need a visa or not prior to entrance into Malaysia at any of the following places:

    i. Malaysian Embassy in the respective/nearby countries or
    ii. Malaysian Consulate in the respective/nearby countries
    iii. Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Immigration in the respective countries.

    2. Applicants from countries who need visa to enter Malaysia:
    i. Non-Commonwealth countries (countries never colonized by the British such as Thailand and Indonesia).
    ii. Commonwealth countries are the following
    • India
    • Pakistan
    • Bangladesh
    • Sri Lanka
    • Nigeria
    iii. Countries with no agreement on visa with Malaysia.

    3. If visa is needed, please bring your passport along with student pass approval letter from the Malaysian Immigration Department (the student pass approval letter will be posted to you) or offer letter from KUIS for those who apply single entry visa at the Embassy or Malaysian Consulate in your country. Student are required to contact the International Relations Unit in KUIS via telephone, fax, letter or e-mail for any enquires.

    b. Student Pass Application (New Student)

    1. All international students must hold a Student Pass during their study in KUIS. They are also required to submit the international passport with these documents to the officer in charge at the International Relations Unit during registration:

    i. 3 copies of photographs
    ii. 2 copies of international passports (please Photostat all pages in A4 Size).
    iii. 2 Photostat copy of offer letter.
    iv. Latest Academic Transcript / Bachelor Degree / Diploma / Certificate / Senior School / O Level /A Level.
    v. A copy of leave letter & final examination result (if the student has studied in any public or private institutions of higher learning or schools in Malaysia).

    2. Students are given until 1 week upon registration to complete the relevant documents. Students who fail to submit all completed documents after 1 week of registration will be given a warning or be terminated of studies.

    3. All new students pass application will be forwarded to the Malaysian Immigration Department Headquarters in Putrajaya. It will take at least 30 days for the Malaysian Immigration Department to issue the Approval Letters. Therefore the student should begin the application process at least a month before registration date.

    4. Student Pas sticker will be issued within 2 to 3 week by Selangor Immigration Department in Shah Alam and student are required to surrender the passport to International Relations Unit when passport needed.

    Airport Pick-up Service

    1. Students who have been approved the application of Student Pass from the Malaysian Immigration prior or upon arrival at KLIA/LCCT will be fetched by the college officer.

    2. This service is not available to students who are on Social Visit Passes and who enter Malaysia via port entry other than KLIA/LCCT

    3. Students who enter Malaysia via KLIA/LCCT and need a pick-up must inform the following items to the International Relations Unit a week in advance prior arrival (,, sms (+60) 19 2566614 fax (+60) 3 89268462/89257677). Please avoid coming in on a non working day or very late night as the College cannot guarantee there will be a college personal available.

    • Departue date
    • Flight No
    • Estimated time of arrival in KLIA/LCCT or

    4. Upon your arrival at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA/LCCT), students will be picked-up by the college officer who will assist the students to make the immigration clearance. To avoid confusion, students are advised to wait at the immigration area until the college officer is done with the clearance.

    Monday, December 7, 2009


    Examination Results and Extension Of Student Pass.

    Semua Pelajar Antarabangsa
    Kolej Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Selangor
    Bandar Seri Putra
    Bangi 43000 Kajang
    Selangor Darul Ehsan.

    Assalamualaikum wrt,wbt.



    Dengan hormatnya perkara di atas adalah dirujuk.

    Pihak Unit Perhubungan Antarabangsa ingin memaklumkan kepada pelajar antarabangsa KUIS supaya mengekalkan prestasi yang baik dalam keputusan peperiksaan anda. Setiap pelajar adalah bertanggungjawab untuk mengekalkan CGPA anda dari 2.00 dan ke atas. Keputusan peperiksaan di bawah 2.00 akan menyebabkan pihak kolej tidak dapat melanjutkan pas pelajar anda.

    Pihak Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia amat tegas dalam menolak lanjutan pas pelajar bagi pelajar yang tidak menunjukkan prestasi yang baik dalam peperiksaan dan serta tidak mencapai tahap kehadiran ke kuliah yang memuaskan.

    Segala kerjasama dan jasa baik pihak tuan/ puan amatlah kami hargai dan didahului dengan Jazakumullah Khairan Khatira.

    Sekian, wassalam

    Yang benar

    Penolong Eksekutif
    Unit Perhubungan Antarabangsa

    All KUIS International Students

    Assalamualaikum Wrt Wbt


    Examination Results and Extension Of Student Pass.

    May you all in good health and experiencing the choicest of Allah’s blessing.
    We would like to remind all of you to maintan your academic performance during your studies in KUIS. It is very important for you to do so as your failure to achieve CGPA 2.00 and above may affect your student pass renewal or extension.

    Malaysian Immigration Department is very firm and strict about this matter. Thus they may not consider any application for pass renewal or extension from students who do not perform in their academic and fail to attend classes as scheduled.

    Your cooperation and attention shown are highly appreciated.